Friday, April 17, 2009

Funemployment, Day One Hundred Thirty One: Back to where it all began

admittedly i have mixed feelings about all things disney, since my experience there left me with a sour taste in my mouth worse than the goofy's sour balls they sell on main street. BUT when someone invited you to club 33, you drop everything and go!

i was lucky enough to start my morning with one such invitation and i couldn't be more excited about going to the unhappiest place on earth! club 33 is the uber-exclusive, members only club that walt himself created, complete with luxurious restaurant, alcohol service (the only place in the park you can drink), and microphones in the chandeliers so he could eavesdrop on his guests. seriously.

it costs something ridiculous like $25,000 to join, then a few grand each year to keep the membership. oh, and there's about a 14 year waiting list for the privilege of paying this. and to get in as a nonmember is virtually impossible unless you know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy...so the chance to go comes around once in a lifetime.

well, twice for me. my parents took me for my 16th birthday (my dad knew a guy who knew a guy...) which was a fabulous surprise! but sadly i was too young to appreciate the exclusivity--and the alcohol. but i still have my personalized matchbook they used to give to the guests.

so fingers crossed all goes well tonight and i have more great stories, and maybe another matchbook!

No comments:

Post a Comment