Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Funemployment, Day Twenty Eight: Golden Ticket, Silver Pass!


no, i'm not referring to the infamous disney channel programming "golden ticket" we all know and love. (and that magically never goes out of print!) i am referring to the equally magical disney silver pass issued to current employees who are actually employed and not fired via microsoft outlook invite.

well imagine my surprise to open my mail this morning and find a lovely note from bob iger (personalized, i'm sure) and my 2009 silver pass! well merry xmas to me! is this my severance pay? a gesture of generosity and good will? or is disney's top-notch HR team now in charge of distributing silver passes?

well whatever the reason, i'll take it! i have no idea if it'll even work but i'm sure as hell gonna try. a friend did tell me he was able to use his driver's license with the pass when he forgot his company ID. so i'm up for a test trip. worst case scenario, i get the disney smackdown (so used to that by now) and land in disney jail. sooooooooooo worth the risk!

you know, this may be even better than when i left houghton mifflin for playboy and houghton's HR dept didn't realize i'd quit until a few weeks later. two extra paychecks later they wised up but just those few weeks pushed me over the 5-year mark and by then i was fully vested in my 401k with company matched funds.

awwwwwwwww, HR! your employee commuting programs involve a short bus, don't they...?

No comments:

Post a Comment