Thursday, December 4, 2008

Funemployment, Day Two: Things I Don't Miss, part 1

today's post is the first in a series on things i won't miss about working. future topics will include overused buzzwords ("circle back", "initiative", "take this offline"), mandatory "volunteer" projects, passive aggressive meeting banter, and handling unwanted facebook friend requests from coworkers.

but today's thing i won't miss about working is the weekly "pack-everyone-in-the-company-into-one-room-in-small-uncomfortable-chairs" meeting. a solid hour of progress reports, clips that couldn't possibly be funny at 9am, and taking turns in the hotseat. i feel for my former coworkers who are there now. i'll have another mimosa for you and offer these words of comfort:

2 comments:

  1. Are you going to defriend all of those annoying unwanted co-workers now? Hey wait, why aren't you on my friend's list anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I hope I'm not being de-friended. Anyway, let's circle back on this next time while I take it offline with my group and get back to you with a solution that is agreeable for everyone. Got to say that I heard today's log meeting was a little uncomfortable. Keep this coming and this could become your day job. Entertaining the masses in a new media world. Maybe you need an online game component with some linear channel tickering huh? Countdown clock anyone?

    ReplyDelete